Thursday, April 4, 2013

It has been an awful long time since my last post.

If there are any viewers left on this lonely little blog, please accept my sincere apologies. It has been over a year since my last post. Life got a little hectic with parenting and homeschooling. I now have 4 children and what ever spare time I have it is a toss up between showering, sleeping, eating or cleaning. As you can see blogging is a luxury!
I was also getting frustrated with the HTML codes eating up complete days trying to figure them all out. So I had to put it on the back burner.
But, I am back.
One major motivation for me being back it because I need to put my thoughts into print to keep my self accountable. I have some goals I would like to am going to meet and I need to get my thoughts organized. This is the place I have chosen to do that.
So, my goals. Well, my 4th baby is now 7 months old and I want to loose some weight. PLUS, I will be turning 40 in December! Eeeek! That gives me 8 months to drop some pounds and inches so I can be lookin good when I turn the big four o.
Confession, I just ate a pop tart and a bowl of Frosted Shredded mini wheat's. It is 8:30 pm and all the kids are in bed and hubby has run to the store. So those sweet treats were asking if I would have a last night rendezvous with them. I got suckered in again.
Lately I have been binging. BAD BAD BAD. I am not going to drop pounds doing that. I have lost all self control and absolutely must get that under control.
I am going to be completely candid on these posts not because I want to but because I need to. I tend to be secretive about these little binging episodes. I sneak the snacks so the kids don't see and I eat the bad stuff when hubby can't see. Who am I really fooling. MYSELF! Secrets are a red flag. If there is something that needs to be a secret it must not be a healthy thing. I want to be transparent. I want to gain the self discipline to be around junk food and firmly and confidently say "No, I will not eat it and I do not want it."

In order to reach some of my goals my first step is to
Drink water.
Drinking more water is the cheapest and easiest way to lose weight.
So why not? If I can't do that, then there is a real problem. I have an app on my phone that reminds me to drink my water. With each glass I drink I touch a picture of an empty cup and it watch it fill up with water. I have 8 classes to fill each day. If it has been a while it makes a sound like water filling a cup to remind me. My kids often hear it and they call out, 'Mom! time to drink your water!' Isn't there a saying...'you are what you eat?' Maybe, just maybe, I will become a tall drink of water!

Another thing I have been doing is eating protein for breakfast. Usually and egg or two and some turkey bacon. Other days I will drink a protein shake. I have been using Shaklee's Cinch 180 Cafe Latte. It is so yummy! Breakfast is my weakest meal of the day. Our culture has trained up to eat carbs for breakfast. Think about it. We eat cereal, bagels, toast, English muffins, pancakes, muffins, etc ALL CARBS. Then I am hungry again at 10 am. It is so hard for me to skip the carbs for breakfast but it is critical if I want to set my blood sugar off in the right foot. Another thing I LOVE for breakfast is a big glass of Tropicana Orange juice. I am not a coffee drinker but I love me a glass of cold Orange juice in the morning. But I am cutting it off. Water only. No juices allowed. If I am going to ingest calories I am going to be eating them. Not to mention the sugar content in juice.

Just a few days ago I bit the bullet and bought the 21 Day Sugar Detox ebook. It is my plan to read it  this week, plan my meals and shopping list and begin the 21 days on April 8th. It is only 3 weeks but it is designed to help retrain the palette to not crave sweets. I figure if I can curb the cravings perhaps the self control part will not be so much an issue. We will see.

This is my plan for now. Perhaps in the next post I will share some secret numbers with you..... my weight and measurements. Blush.
If you are reading this blog and you know me personally. Please be kind. I realize I am sharing this info with the world at my own risk. I do it in hopes that some of you will keep me on the straight an narrow.

Thanks for reading.
Until next time...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...