Monday, August 9, 2010

A Great Book for a Christian Home

Leading Little Ones to God: A Child's Book of Bible TeachingsLeading Little One's to God: A Child's book of Bible Teachings

So where do I begin when I want to tell my children all about the Lord and his goodness, his power, his might, is love, his forgiveness, his mercy, his omnipresence, his majesty, and everything else that he is?  THIS BOOK IS A GREAT PLACE TO START.

Each chapter draws the attention of the child and keeps it! I was surprised how well my 4 year old (when we started reading this) boy actually listened to each devotion. At the end there are questions you can ask and a prayer, a memory verse and a hymn or song that applies to what was just read. There is one picture for each short chapter. I will warn you, the pictures are a little outdated but the kids don't seem to mind.  

Below I will list one chapter of each section covered. I am telling you, this book is FULL!

Here are some of the topics covered. Again these are only ONE from each section of part of the topics:

We can not see God
God is Everywhere
God Made all things for his Praise
What is means to be a sinner
Why we disobey God's Law
God Gave His Son for Us
Jesus came from heaven
Jesus Died for us
The Holy Spirit Has a Special Work
We Must Believe the Jesus is Our Savior
God's Children Love One Another
We Need Help to Live for God
What it Means to Pray
Why We Go to Church
Jesus is Coming Back

Oh, it is so good. I know if I were on my own I would never have thought to give this much detail.

Each reading takes less than 5 mins.

Let me encourage you to start when they are young. My two year old even sits in and listens! At first I thought my son was not hearing what I was reading. I can't tell you how many times he has asked questions or mentioned something about the reading later in the day. It is sinking in!

This is one of those books I will be keeping for my grandchildren. My only regret is that I bought it used. I am a penny pincher and didn't want to spend $3 extra for crip pages. Now I wish I had cause I know I will be reading this book for years. I want to keep it nice for the next generation.

1 comment:

2littlehearts said...

We have this book and love it. Your review of it is great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...