Monday, May 25, 2009

Teaching Manners and Etiquette to your children

I have a plan to make our own booklets of specific things I want my children to know. Reading at story time will allow us to read about it and talk about it. Making the book together may be fun too!

Be watching for future booklet ideas.
This one is HOUSE RULES

Etiquette for
Little Ones at Home


*Say “Good-morning” and “Good-night” to everyone in the house.
*Greet our guests at the door with a smile and “hello!”
*Say “Good-bye” to our guests and help them out the door.
*Remember your manners: “please” and “thank-you”.
*Stay seated at the table until you are excused.
*If an adult drops something, pick it up quickly!
*Protect children - especially babies - who are younger than you.
*When you are eating a snack, offer some to the people near you.
*When people speak to you, look in their eyes and respond kindly.
*When daddy or mommy asks you to do something, say, “Yes,
dad!” or “Yes, mom!” and do it right away.

Feel free to copy or add your own ideas. I know the 'rules' can be endless but it is nice to have some that you don't usually talk about in paper for review. Most of all, have fun as you train your child(ren)!

4 comments:

bp said...

Such a wonderful idea! I'm so glad I found your blog from another blogging friend.

Sarah Mae said...

Very good! I suppose I should print this one out! :)

Judy Dudich said...

What a nice blog! I like those rules!
We have most of the same!
Have you ever read "Raising Godly Tomatoes"...there's a website too...
I think you'd enjoy it :)
Hope you'll stop by my blogs too!
http://benmakesten.blogspot.com/
http://www.momoften.webs.com/
and our website:
http://www.thebestofhomeschoolfaithandfamilylife.com/

shapinglittlesouls said...

Judy,

Raising Godly Tomatoes is a favorite of mine! I love her way of thinking and training!
I will be sure to check out your blogs as well!

I'd also like to know how you heard about my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...