Food for thought.
We adults can learn from this little lesson as we teach our children how to be sincere in our mistakes and offences against others.
Here are some points that can help us resolve conflict in a godly manner.
1) Express sincere regret by saying, "I am sorry."
2) Accept responsibility by saying, "I was wrong."
3) Making restitution by saying, "What can I do to make it right?"
4) Genuinely repenting by saying, "I don't want to hurt you like this again" and making a plan so it doesn't.
5) Requesting forgiveness, "Will you forgive me?"
How do I apologize to others? Is that how I would receive apologies?
What is missing from apology?
What hurts me most about the situation?
It is important to apologize to the person and to God otherwise it is incomplete.