Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What I am Learning about Laundry

laundry_sign[1]

Okay, I have MADE myself do laundry every day. It has been two weeks now. Hear is what I have learned.

~ You can’t let it go more than a day in a half…. otherwise it will be BIG & UGLY… too much work for what I want to do (even if it is every other day or so.. that just ends up taking me 2 days to tackle it all, only to do it all again)

~If you do it DAILY, the loads are smaller and much more ‘doable.”

~if you do it DAILY, you end up with clothes in the washer or dryer, or in the closet…non in a heap on the couch or in the laundry basket.

~ If you do it DAILY, you end up seeing what you really use. There are so many articles of clothing that just does not get used! Time to decultter!

~If you do it DAILY, I don’t get that nagging, overwhelmed feeling.

5-12-08laundry

This is orderly looking but if you do it daily you should never have this much (unless you are the Duggers). We are a family of 5 and currently potty training and have a compulsive droller. We don’t have this much.

So I encourage you. DO IT DAILY! 

5 comments:

Between Hitching Posts said...

I HATE LAUNDRY!
I do. It is the bane of my existence.
I keep telling myself that if I just did laundry everyday, it would be such a big a deal. The problem is that once I finally get it all caught up, I don't think about it again until the pile start getting in my way.
I need a new system.
How many days do they say it takes to make a new habit?

Shaper of Little Souls said...

I think they say it takes 21 days to form a habit. But in my own opinion I think it is more like 2 weeks.

Honestly, so one load a day. Even if it is so small it may not be worth it.

I will post another little thing I do to keep the ball rolling.... even when I beg for a break.

Anonymous said...

This font is really hard to read

Shaper of Little Souls said...

Thanks for the feedback LaToya. I will keep tweaking it.
I really value your opinion.

Renae said...

I like to let a bit of laundry stack up, so I can wash it and fold it all at once. The problem with that is, it gets out of control too easily. :P

When that happens, my husband takes over and the laundry is everywhere. Good motivation for me to keep up with it.

Peace to you,
Renae
http://lifenurturingeducation.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...